What is WORTH
Women of Rebirth & Therapeutic Healing
The Worth Group provides free, therapist facilitated peer support groups for women experiencing betrayal trauma due to a spouse’s (current or past) pornography use, sexual addiction and/or sexual acting out. When you join WORTH, you will be able to attend the first six months of therapist facilitated groups at no cost! We also have continual free classes and free mentor led groups.
Through weekly online or in person meetings, Worth Group therapists teach tools such as self-care, boundaries, and honoring emotions through guided discussion support groups. Women derive emotional and spiritual strength as they share joys and sorrows, and support each other in their healing journeys.
*Worth is not meant to replace your own personal therapy or be a substitute for therapy. We encourage you to meet with a therapist in conjunction with your support group.
The Mission of WORTH is to empower women who are suffering from betrayal trauma to find their own healing, recovery, and ultimately hope for their future.
Principles taught include:
- How to recognize, prepare for, and work through triggers
- Recognizing personal healing as distinctive and separate from a husband’s recovery path
- Creating safety through healthy boundaries
- Daily physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual self care
- The art of honoring emotions with dignity, within the women’s own value system
- Identification and utilization of grieving as a natural part of healing
- Identifying cycling, and unhealthy or unsafe situations
- Planning for difficult or potentially painful interactions
- Finding strength through the healing journey